For the Dough:
- 2.5 cups All-purpose flour / maida
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast… (or half sachet i.e. 3.5 gm)
- 1/2 cup milk (lukewarm)
- 1/6 of a cup or 37.5 gm unsalted butter
- 1/6 cup or 33 gm granulated white sugar
- Pinch of salt.
- 1.5 large eggs or 2 small eggs.
- In a bowl sift all-purpose flour. Now add active dry yeast & salt to 1 cup of sifted mixture and mix them well.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add milk, butter, and white sugar, and stir until butter melts. (And let it cool enough to make sure it is lukewarm before adding to the mix.)
- Add the milk mixture to flour and knead well.
- Add eggs one at a time and keep kneading.
- Now start adding the remaining 1.5 cup flour and keep kneading until you find the dough is non-sticky and soft. (Add slightly more flour if needed).
- On the other hand, grease a bowl and put the dough in it, covering it up with a greased plastic wrap. Now let it rest for 1.5 to 2 hours, until the dough is almost doubled in size.
Now, for the Filling:
- 1/3 cup (80 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted cold butter, (cut into pieces)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with hand, such that it looks like crumbs.
- Once the dough has almost doubled in size, just press it a bit to let the air out.
- Now roll it in a rectangular shape (anywhere between 12” X 6”) making sure the thickness is about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- We have to make a log so spread the filling horizontally (long) and leave about 1/2 inch.
- Now start rolling the dough. Keep it just right, not too tight nor too lose. When you reach the end, use some egg to seal.
- Now divide the log in 8 sections.
- Put each section in the baking tray.
- Again, let it rest to raise. Around an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven at 190 °C.
- Now brush the rolls with light cream (just like egg wash). And let them bake for around 25-30 mins.
- Once you see them turning light brown, you can check by inserting a toothpick in one of the buns and if it comes out clean, its done!
- Remove them from oven and again brush them with light cream.
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoons light cream (or as required)
Mix them well and drizzle it over the buns!
That’s it, enjoy your fresh cinnamon rolls